Mother’s Day weekend is here and we sincerely hope you’ve got plans to show your mom how much you appreciate her. Making your mom smile and be happy on Mother’s Day is easier than you think. Show your appreciation this weekend for the woman that raised you and in many cases, had to put up with the stress of raising you. Here’s some simple ideas (along with a few Mother’s Day quotes) that are sure to put a smile on her face.
1) Write your mom a simple thank you note. Express gratitude for everything she has given you — from the words of wisdom which at the time seemed wrong, to the outcome from following those words which you now know were right all along. Doesn’t she deserve a thank you — or a few thousand?
“I was dating a transvestite, and my mother said, Marry him. You’ll double your wardrobe.” — Joan Rivers
2) Give your mom a day off. Do whatever it is that needs to be done: grocery shopping, gardening, cleaning, whatever. Mix up a Margarita for her (or whatever she likes) and give her the day to enjoy.
“I wan’t my children to have all the things I can’t afford. Then I want to move in with them.” — Phyllis Diller
3) Succeed! Sometimes the best reward for a mom is seeing her child do well. Whether it’s getting a promotion at work, completing a marathon, or just completing a task that has been put off for so long, mom’s love watching their children succeed.
“If evolution really works, how come mother’s only have 2 hands?” — Milton Berle
4) How many times have your days been brightened by a hug from mom? Be sure to reciprocate this Mother’s Day by giving her a huge hug — as soon as you can!
“Having one child makes you a parent. Having two you are a referee.” — David Frost
5) Next time your mom gives you a lecture, don’t immediately get angry or run off. It’s a mother’s natural instinct to do what’s she feels is best for her child, no matter what age. Just know that she’s trying to push you in the right direction, so if it happens to be Mother’s Day weekend, smile, hold your tongue, and give her a hug.
“Whenever I’m with my mother, I feel as though I have to spend the whole time avoiding land mines.” — Amy Tran
6) When was the last time you hugged your mom? Give your mom a huge hug and watch it quickly brighten her day.
“I asked mom if I was a gifted child. She said they certainly wouldn’t have paid for me.” – Calvin, “Calvin and Hobbes”
7) Mother’s have a tendency to put their kids first and put their own gratification aside. This year do something special for your mom. A simple gift such as a massage will mean the world to her. If you can’t get your mom in to Happy Head this weekend you can always buy her a gift certificate for a massage. She’ll love you for it.
“I’m a mother with two small children, so I don’t take as much crap as I used to.” — Pamela Anderson