It’s something we all get and all love! No I’m not talking about money although with our incredible low prices here at Happy Head we do help you keep more of it, but I’m talking about ”Massage Therapy” of course. We all know there are many different styles of massage and that they are practiced all over the world but what more do we really know besides how incredible they feel! We do know that massaging ones body dates back to 1,000bc but was not technically introduced into the U.S as a profession until 1850 when two American Physicians who had studied in Sweden brought it to the United States. We also know that people use massage for a variety of health-related purposes, including; relieving pain, rehabilitating sports injuries, reducing stress, increase relaxation, anxiety and depression, and aid general wellness.
So now that we know the basics how about some facts!?
- One hour massage is equivalent to 7-8 hours of sleep on the body
- There are approximately 5 million touch receptors in our skin – 3,000 in a finger tip
- Muscles are made up of bundles from about 5 in the eyelid to about 200 in the buttock muscles
- Touch is the first sense to develop in humans, and may be the last to fade
- Massage therapy is the third most commonly used form of alternative medicine in the US
- Experts estimate that stress is responsible for 80-90% of disease
- Office workers massaged regularly are more alert, perform better and are less stressed than those who aren’t massaged
So the next time you get a massage now you know exactly what a massage is and how incredibly good they are for you! So call and make an appointment today! Don’t worry about the distance we can help you save money on that too! With all of Happy Head’s convenient locations there’s no more worrying about driving all over San Diego when there’s one in your own back yard!